1) Consider the mobile device - Mobile devices have limitations when compared to PC's, such as small screens and no mouse, but they also have capabilities such as phone, camera and SMS which need to be recognized when designing your mobile site.
2) Think about the mobile user - Mobile users are impatient as a breed, they browse differently to desktop users, as a general rule, mobile users want fast access to bite size content.
3) Keeping it simple - Try and avoid large volumes of text, as a guide 75 words per page is a good maximum. Keep the navigation of your site as simple as possible, the fewer clicks it takes a user to find the information they want the better. Don't expect people to fill out time-consuming forms.
4) Speed is king - Large images, flash animation and video will slow your site down - avoid them if you can, functionality is more important than style for mobile websites.
5) Make it useful - Think about what is most important to your audience, especially what they need when they're on the move.
6) Make it compatible - Mobile devices are incredibly diverse. If your site is not coded correctly it may look good on one phone, awful on another and may not even work on another! Make sure your site works on all phones.
7) Choosing your domain name - Using a .mobi domain will improve your search engine rankings and make your site easier to find.
Market your site - Make sure potential customers can find your site. There's no point having a site if no-one knows it's there, invest time on SEO, paid search listings, operator portal and directory submissions.
9) Analysis - Analysis tools such as Google Analytics are invaluable, test your mobile website and keep working to improve it.
10) Don't overspend! - Start simply and your ROI will come more quickly.
The One Key Benefit From a Mobile Website:-
If your business has a website already, why bother upgrading it for mobile? What's the benefit of making sure your website can be read and used on the iPhone, Blackberry, and Android phones?
It's simple: To reach the outrageously growing crowd of consumers going online with mobile devices.
Your company's website is a business asset that serves a business purpose - usually lead generation, sales and order taking, or customer service. If 25% of your website's visitors are coming via mobile that means your website is only 75% effective.
For More information about Mobile Website Or Visit Our Website: http://www.eluminoustechnologies.com
- Posts : 92
Join date : 2010-04-29